question

nickysteveo avatar image
nickysteveo asked

Phoenix Inverter 12/3000 fan remains on

Hi

I have had this inverter for a few years now.

Usually when I use my inverter to power my 240 circuit from my batteries the fan would only come on if I was running a heavy load item like the toaster. The inverter box would feel warm so I think it was coming on correctly.

But recently I have found that my fan comes on a few minutes after turning the inverter on and remains on. There is no heavy load item being used and the inverter box feels cold. So I do not know why this is happening.

Has anyone else had the same experience can anyone suggest any remedies?

Maybe the fan/thermostate needs cleaning or replacing, does anyone know how easy that is to do?

thanks

Nick

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is possible that over time the inverter has ingested dirt carried in the air.

If this has happened, then dirt has deposited on the heatsinks thus reducing their cooling effectiveness. Passive cooling is now not effective enough even with light loads, so the fan comes on to compensate.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickysteveo avatar image nickysteveo commented ·

Hi thanks for the answer, could.you tell me how I can ascertain that that is the problem and if so rectify it?

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes 0 ·