I've read many discussions, articles etc regarding firmware updating of Victron devices.
This is what I understood:
- if it works, don't update it
- never ever update Multiplus, unless you know how to configure it back since it goes to factory setting after the update (I have 3F system)
- if needed you can update MPPT and Cerbo GX, it shouldn't delete any settings
Now my questions are:
- did I understood it correctly?
- I'd like to install Node-RED on Cerbo GX. If I do that will it preserve the settings if I use the full version of FW? Or will I need to do anything else after the update?
- there was a new OS v3.00 yesterday. Is it safe to update the FW to the full version of v3.00 with Node-Red if I have v2.92 now?
Thanks a lot.