question

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa asked

Faulty USB on Cerbo GX?

I have a Cerbo GX and with the upgrade which disables Bluetooth, I purchased a USB Bluetooth Dongle listed on the comparable list on the Victron site. However, it doesn't detect it (2 models tried).

I plugged in a USB Mouse but not even a red light on the mouse.
Is there a back door to activate/deactivate the USB ports and 5V? I feel I have a faulty Cerbo GX but wanted the communities feedback before opening an RMA as it's about to run out of warranty I fear.

Thanks

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@ponzoa

Which port you are trying to use?

One of those three is just power port (5V).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
I checked on all 3 ports, none seem to work nor the mouse nor the dongle.
0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp ponzoa commented ·
@ponzoa

I do not thing mouse is a good device to test this USB port.

I think mouse needs the signal from the computer to activate. Cerbo GX is not sending that signal to your mouse.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@ponzoa You have not shared what you re trying to do with Bluetooth. Is it to detect a tank sensor to to connect to the CerboGX via the VictronConnect App.

When you plug the USB dongle in, do you go to Settings, IO, Bluetooth Sensors and check that it is enabled or that any adapters are shown in the Bluetooth Adapters section.

I have never come across an upgrade that has disabled bluetooth on the Cerbo GX. What version of VenusOS are you using?

1685560516413.png

1685560516413.png (77.3 KiB)
2 |3000