question

Joel Nordahl avatar image
Joel Nordahl asked

Cerbo GX "Grid failure monitoring" only works in "inverter mode"?

Hi,

When enabling "Monitor for shore disconnect" in Cerbo GX I only get alarms when my MultiPlus is in "inverter" mode if shore power is lost.

If I set it to "charge only" I get no alarms when when shore power is lost.

What could be the cause of this? It would be really nice to have the alarm in "charge only" mode also.

Is there another way of monitor for shore disconnect when the MultiPlus is in "charge only" mode?

/Joel

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Joel Nordahl

If you are using the VRM then input voltage as an option in alarms section.

In charger only, since it passes power through, its usually pretty obvious when the shore disconnects as power goes out so I guess not needed. Even if you are out not usually a stress as your system doesn't discharge either.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Joel Nordahl avatar image
Joel Nordahl answered ·

Thanks, sorted it now with an voltage alarm on phase 1.

On a boat it would be nice to know if you lose shorepower when your not around, say if you have heaters during winter or similar. Stuff you don't want to run in inverter mode.

/Joel

2 |3000