question

Ivar Eisma avatar image
Ivar Eisma asked

Phoenix 12 - 500 cutting out for no reason.

screenshot-20230528-160852.jpgI've finished my install and have been testing for a few days. All is working well except for the inverter cutting out sometimes. It seems to only do so if the battery is at 100% SOC, maybe when the charger is switching to float but I can't see exactly. The graph above is it cutting out and starting back up by itself.

I have very little as far as load is concerned, just a few lights and a laptop charger. No fault message or overvoltage .

330w solar to 100_20 Mppt.

Globallink 520

Phoenix 12/500 inverter

Redodo 100ah lifepo4

All wiring oversized for this load, no fuses blowing.

Phoenix Inverter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Ivar Eisma

And you don't have eco mode on?

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
Ivar Eisma avatar image
Ivar Eisma answered ·

It just did it again with the battery at less than 100percent and almost no solar input. I cant even see it on the inverter state chart. I don't have eco mode on, the current draw is so low in the house that eco mode does not work well. I think I only have 15 watts of light in the cabin on most of the time.

screenshot-20230528-192812-vrm.jpg

But I can see it restarting because the lights go off and on. This is so weird. Could it be a ground issue? I have no ground connected from the inverter to the lynx. Since nothing else has an earth ground anyway I didn't see the point.

It's a very small setup, and worked perfectly for two days.

20230528-184146.jpg

I've now disconnected the relay on the globallink and closed the inverter jumper temporarily again to rule out a fault in the relay switching to open for some reason. Because that is what it looks like the most, maybe it's just the globallink restarting itself for some reason?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ivar Eisma avatar image
Ivar Eisma answered ·

UPDATE, I've narrowed this down to the Globallink 520 restarting. Probably it can't get a good signal for too long. I've read a similar issue for other people in Norway with this device. It's not a huge problem as there is nothing critical powered by the inverter. If it annoys me too much I might just add an extra switch between the wire to close the jumper if needed.

2 |3000