question

peter-suremann avatar image
peter-suremann asked

VRM - long-term average hourly graph over 24 hours for a chosen period of time

Is it possible to get a graph showing the average hourly solar and consumption (and battery SOC) for a longer period of time? Below graph is for just one day, but I'd like the same view over a couple of months, or a particular season.

When deciding how to expand or manage a system, either with more battery capacity or PV panels, or both, or managing consumption patterns, it would be useful to establish what the system's average day looks like for each hour and where the gaps are that need to filled or managed.

1684831126678.png

VRMvrm advancedwidget vrmgraph
1684831126678.png (14.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Peter Suremann,

If I understand what you're asking correctly, you still want to see a 24 hour chart, but the figures in the chart representing an average of the data for the period you want.

For example, how many kWh on average do I generate between 9am and 10am in the last 3 months.

The only way that this is currently possible is by using the kWh export feature;

cleanshot-2023-05-23-at-191356.jpg

Then taking that CSV data, splitting the timecode field somehow (several ways to do that), then creating a pivot table that uses the time and averages the values for that time. Not a beginners exercise, but do-able.

I'm sorry I am too busy right now to run through the exact procedure step by step, but I can give you some hope there is a way :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-suremann avatar image
peter-suremann answered ·

Hi there Guy, your understanding is 100% correct. I've done the export data and spreadsheet analysis before, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming exercise. It would be great if there's a built-in function to do this. Something for the VRM developers to please consider?

2 |3000

Related Resources