question

caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg asked

This is a weird one.... Multiplus ii showing Bulk, but not charging?!?

So this is a weird one that i've not seen before. My Victron setup has been faultless, but this one has me stumped....

The install is on a live-aboard boat where we rarely plug into shore power. Today we came into a marina, I plugged in and the Multiplus ii is showing "BULK", but the batteries are discharging, rather than charging.

screenshot-2023-05-19-at-195452.png

Shore power is working as you can see the passthrough.

We have 4 x Smart Lithium 160Ah batteries, i've checked them and they're showing balanced 13.26V.

What i'm not sure about is why the charger would be in bulk, but not actually charging the cells. Sorry if it's an obvious one, but I would expect the charger to go from Bulk, to Absorption and then to Float as it's done every other time we go in.

Any thoughts / ideas or words of wisdom welcome.

Thanks

casp.

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just occasionally this can happen There's a reset/restart option in the settings menu. Restarts the system and should clear it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elmer-bakker avatar image elmer-bakker commented ·

Do you know if a reset be done without a usb mk3? I have a multiplus compact 12v.

0 Likes 0 ·