question

vick-da-aerbus avatar image
vick-da-aerbus asked

Need one more CAN bus port for NMEA and SEELEVEL tank monitoring

Setup.

I have a Multiplus II connected to a Lynx distributor. On the distributor are three MPPTs and soon, one Orion DC-DC charger. I have a 712 battery monitor connected to the shunt. The MPPTs are daisy chained to the Cerbo GX CAN. The Multiplus is connected to the Cerbo via VE Bus. I plan on connecting a resistance LP tank monitor to tank 1 input. Finally, I am installing a 709-N2K to monitor the water and waste tanks.

Problem.

The CAN Bus is terminated on both ends. However, that leaves no space for the N2K. Is there a way to make a hub for extra CAN units? Is a VE.direct connection between the MPPTs and the Cerbo the work-around to daisy chaining the MPPTs on the CAN network?

VE.DirectVE.CanNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Can bus is meant to be daisy chained. Just remove one of the terminators and plug in your device, then move the terminator to the added device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Direct protocol FAQ