question

boerni avatar image
boerni asked

Reduce Maximum watts on Phoenix 1200VA inverter

Hey,

I have a Phoenix 12V/1200VA inverter and want to use an induction stove.
The stove has 2000W maximum, but the problem is the BMS is cutting off everything at 1000W something+. I can't access the BMS as it is in the battery and without Bluetooth.
So, I just wonder if it is possible to configure the inverter to maximum supply 1000W, also if the stove wants to have more?

Thanks!

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Boerni

The 2000W is already greater then the 1200VA of the inverter, which is closer to 1000W load with a power factor of 0.8. an induction stove has terrible power factor, some closer to 0.5.

I am not surprised it is switching off.

What type of set up do you have mobile or ESS? If you have ESS, there is a way to limit inverter power. If not, set your input current limit up as high as it will go and switch off power assist.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boerni avatar image
boerni answered ·

@Alexandra thx for the fast answer.
I don't know what you exactly know mean with ESS.
So I try to explain my setup :-)
It is a caravan, with an 250AH Lithium and 600WP Solar.
I have a cerbo connected to the inverter. The "weak" point is our battery I think, because the integrated BMS has a max discharge of 100A.

Would it be better to use an common electric stove?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Boerni

You wont have ESS then usually it is not on a mobile install.

100A from the bms, is that continuous or a peak? If it really can do that continuously will support 1200VA for short while anyway.

For the stove, just check the power factor. I do know alot of the induction stoves are difficult loads to run on the inverters because of the way they interact electrically with the system. Common electric stoves are simpler loads to run for an inverter.

Increase the input current limit to the 2000W to let it pass through and run the load from shore.

0 Likes 0 ·
boerni avatar image
boerni answered ·

100A is the max discharge current, and cut-off is 10V.

To run it from shore is no problem, but I want to use an electric stove offgrid, but it seems It's not possible with this setup :-/

But thank you for your help :-)

2 |3000