question

bob-kookaburra avatar image
bob-kookaburra asked

SmartShunt IP65 to Cerbo Connection Problems

The new Smart Shunts IP65 work well through the Bluetooth App Android connection. However, when connected by the Victron Cerbo GX is lost connection. (so it did work). How to reconnect? I tried fresh install and disconnect but without success. Any idea?

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
Smart shunt is VE direct not VE-Bus?
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

To be clear, you are connecting the SmartShunt IP65 to the Cerbo using a VE.Direct cable, yes? Connection to the Cerbo via bluetooth is not possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sas avatar image
sas answered ·

My SmartShunt works via Bluetooth, but gets no connection to Cerbo via VE.Direct.
So I measured the signals on the VE-Direct. Powersupply, stable 2.65V (!?) independet of the powersupply of the SmartShunt. Serial signal on Tx of the Shunt. No answer from the Cerbo.

Are the 2.65V normal for a SmartShunt. I dont believe that the input of the Cerbo works with such a low voltage.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Bob Kookaburra & @Sas,

Apologies for not responding to this earlier. We now have confirmed an issue with the SmartShunt IP65 VE.Direct ports when connected to Cerbo GX.

This affects serial numbers HQ2303 up to and including HQ2313

If your model is in this range, and you're experiencing issues please contact your Victron Dealer for a remedy. They should now be aware, but if they are not, please ask them to contact their Victron contact to receive the tech note and process the claim.

2 |3000