question

mivester avatar image
mivester asked

Lynx System with Positive Ground

I want to use a Lynx distributer system with a positive ground so that I can supply -48VDC to telecom equipment. I see that there is a dedicated ground point on the negative bus. Can I swap how the cables will be connected to the lynx bussing so that it becomes a -48VDC system? or will this cause any difficulties in the fusing and monitoring?

lynx shuntlynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

I would not swap the (+) and (-) cables to the Lynx bus bars. I would connect the ground wire to the (+) Bus Bar. I would use a free connection on the (+) bus bar or drill another hole for the ground screw on the (+) bus bar. Are you using a Multi or a Quattro? I do not know if those devices actually test for continuity between ground and (-) bat or not during power-up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mivester avatar image mivester commented ·
I am planning on using a Quattro. I do have an extra set of connection points on my Lynx system, so I will look into doing it this way. Thank You
0 Likes 0 ·