question

revpipad avatar image
revpipad asked

Use the programmable relay based on SOC

I would like to stop a solar edge inverter production which is connected on AC2 out based on SOC

I’ve looked at the various assistants and they do not appear to work as one of the states is when bulk protection is activated

The client does not want to use frequency shifting

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Wayne

SOCRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi,

I thought the programable relay allowed for configuration based on state of charge? I may be mistake though.

If I am the other option could be node red. If going node red route I would leave the frequency shifting on just as an additional safety measure. In theory it should never activate if Node red is turning off Solar edge before absorption phase.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hi Wayne,

I use the programmable relay for such a purpose.

ve-config-assi-status-v1xx.jpg

I played some time around, but the only way I could manage to make it work was to use it on SOC-level. As I have a 3-phase system and there are one relay K1 for each Multiplus unit available which makes it possible to use each relay for different SOC-levels. I could realize a good working solution to control a network of 18 micro inverters and to avoid grid feed in when SOC level is going to reach 100%. It woks now without any claim since 2020.

Servus - DayAndNight

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic