question

kirsten avatar image
kirsten asked

multiplus compact 24/2000 reset?

Hi, I have the victron Multiplus compact 24/2000/50-30 230V on board a boat. The boat batteries were quite low and the BMV 702 battery monitor was showing voltage 23.7, and SoC 73%. I then turned off the battery breakers. The BMV 702 battery monitor display switched off automatically as I turned off the breaker. I then plugged the system into shore supply, and the battery monitor came back on again, instantly showing 100%. I turned the boat battery breaker back on again. Still showing 100%, even though the batteries have not charged up yet for more than a few minutes. What has gone wrong? Do I have to reset something?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You have already reset the BMV, that is why it is showing 100%. When you switch the BMV off it looses track of the SOC. It is supposed to be permanently connected directly to the battery with its supplied cables. It is not supposed to be wired via any other circuits.

You'll now need to charge the battery right up to the top and synchronise the BMV to read 100% at that point if it does not read that at that time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.