question

semiraue avatar image
semiraue asked

Pylontech US3000C Internal error alarm every day at the same time

Hi All,

For the last three days, I have kept getting Pylontech internal failure alarms everyday same time in the morning. The alarm goes away when I turn off and on that battery manually.

1682733875062.png

My setup as follows

• 4x US3000C
  • 2x SCC 150/45
  • 1x SCC 100/20
  • 2x Meanwell 48v inverters
  • Cerbo-GX

Attached is the CSV file downloaded from VRM for the last seven days

This is a new setup I put together a few months back. And this Was working without any hiccups from the first start.

One more thing that I need to point out, a Few days back, there was lightning that fried one of my IP cameras, which connected to the POE switch. The POE switch is also fried. The POE switch power input is directly connected to the 48V bus. There are many other devices connected to the same DC bus, like a few mini computers, Synology NAS, router, Cerbo-GX, and All those are working fine. And all other three batteries are working fine. But I worried something fried inside the BMS due to this, even though this batter is connected in the second of the stack.

How to diagnose this properly? Unfortunately, I don't have anyone on site that can do the troubleshooting for me. So I have to rely on VRM and other remote data. And sending the battery to Pylontech for replacement is also not an option, as we don't have any local agent for this.

Please let me know question need to add any other data. Like VRM graphs

cerbo gxPylontech
1682733875062.png (29.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

I will look for an event that occurs at the time it is triggered e.g. solar charger's starting up. Since you have a Cerbo, ensure the SCC settings are still correct. Other than that, proper diagnosis will very much be impossible as you require software to interrogate the bms. Maybe alse try the social media channels dedicated to your inverter and Pylontech.

0 Likes 0 ·
semiraue avatar image semiraue ejrossouw commented ·

I kept the charging off for one day and let the battery to discharge around 26%. Then start the all three SCC next day for full charge. then the next two days there was no alarm. but today morning again this happened twice.

"I will look for an event that occurs at the time it is triggered" you are correct. based on the data this is happening when the SCCs are start charging.

I tried to dig up the social media. but my inverter is not very popular and very old. so there are no any posts related to this combination

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

as ejrossouw suggest, you may have to connect to tne batteries bms to see what error it is reporting, this cant be done on the vrm

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semiraue avatar image semiraue commented ·
​Thanks for your response. Thin is these are installed in remote location and I'm in differnt country. I have to remotely diagnose them. As I read I need rs232 to special rj45 cable with windows device to connect to battery ?
0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

This error is common with Pylontech US series batteries and is an issue in the BMS software of the battery. You'll need to update to the latest version on each battery. V1.7 or V2.8 depending on your firmware. You'll need to use "Upgrade Tool v1.0.9" to do that correctly.

16 comments
2 |3000

semiraue avatar image semiraue commented ·

Thanks for the answer. I would thankful if you can share me the link for Upgrade Tool v1.0.9.

I'm thinking to sending someone with the cable and windows laptop and do the diagnosis remotely.

And does the firmware upgrade reboot the battery ? if yes it will only reboot the single battery at a time ? Because I got lot of things running from this battery stack including the main LTE gateway

0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa semiraue commented ·

Firmware only valid for US3000C batteries - ONLY. Not suitable for US3000, US2000, US2000B, US2000C, US5000, etc.

Use this link to download the software and the firmware and proceed with caution as you can damage your battery.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TCyrFXALgZdh50h9w0IbLDzBCqKaM3te?usp=share_link

Do NOT extract the firmware version from the zip file rather, use the zip file as the firmware in the update software. The Update software with select which of the 2 versions is appropriate for your battery depending on its chipset.

Update one at a time starting with your master battery. The battery will reboot at the end of the update. Be sure to disconnect from the software BEFORE disconnecting the cable.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

2 Likes 2 ·
semiraue avatar image semiraue ponzoa commented ·

@ponzoa Really appreciate for this help. I will follow the instructions. First I need to make the serial cable for this. will update you. Thanks !

1 Like 1 ·
semiraue avatar image semiraue semiraue commented ·

Hi @ponzoa. Finally I managed to upgrade all the batteries to v1.7. But now I'm getting different high voltage alarm on my cerbo-gx device.

cerbo-gx keep beeping and when I check the alerts it's says pylontech battery high voltage. No alarms in batteries though. any idea how to fix this ?

1689837116604.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1689837116604.png (68.9 KiB)
Enter the console, Pylontech, Details, and share a screen capture. What's the voltage when you get that alarm?
1 Like 1 ·

pylon_battery_view_extract.zip1690602120162.png

Hi @ponzoa sorry for the late reply. I was away few days. The High voltage alarm is triggered only after battery fully charged. and the voltage it shows with the alarm is not consistent.

Previously below two options were set by me
Limit charge current = 110A
Limit managed battery charge voltage = 52V

This is to prevent system use pylontech battery during the day time where solar power is enabled. With this after battery fully charged load was powered by MPPTs

But after I upgrade the pylontech firmware to 1.7, battery internal failure alarm was fixed. but this High voltage alarm came up on Cerbo-GX and keep beeping.

I switched off both Limit charge current and Limit managed battery charge voltage to see if helps. but no luck.

++ MORE INFO

Below the data I collected from battery view. The data is from the battery previously keep triggering alarm with internal failure

1690615476213.png

0 Likes 0 ·
The cells are not balanced which is what is causing your alarm. Having a cell read 0V is an indication of a failure in the battery. In this case, I would suggest contacting Pylontech support or your distributor and have this handled under warranty.
0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks @ponzoa, Dealing with that Alibaba seller has been a total nightmare – they turned out to be a fraud!. I reached out directly to Pylontech with all the details. waiting for their response.

On another note, I set the managed battery charge voltage to 51V and, the SOC hasn't gone above 97% so far. And no HV or OV alarms yet

Thanks for all your help through this mess. learnt my lesson to not to trust Alibaba sellers.

1 Like 1 ·
OK, cool. Good luck with Pylontech. If they don't respond, chase them - they're not the best at responding which emphasises the importance of good distributors.

Do let us know how you close this chapter.

2 Likes 2 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ semiraue commented ·
Pylons aren’t customer upgradable, so in the interest of your warranty, rather contact their support and get them to enable you to do it.

1 Like 1 ·
semiraue avatar image semiraue nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Ok that's bad. because the battery I purchased directly from the seller in Alibaba. Though the batteries are legit product, the seller even not responding to me after I told them that one unit got faulty and may need replacement.

Basically the 10 year warranty they gave me just a fake paperwork. Seller no longer contactable and he even removed me from his social media when I just asked the replacement unit. We don't have Pylon dealer in our country

Sent emails to pylontech and there was no acknowledgement or reply from them. As I heard they don't have good customer service ?

So I'm pretty much on my own right now.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ semiraue commented ·
They usually reply eventually @Ned Yu (Pylontech) can you help?
1 Like 1 ·
hominidae avatar image hominidae semiraue commented ·
usually warranty and support will only be granted, when purchased by an official local distributor. Only then, you can be sure, that the item is a genuine one.

Did you register the Serial Numbers with pylontech for warranty upon activation of your installation?

0 Likes 0 ·
semiraue avatar image semiraue hominidae commented ·
Now only I remember. I registered just 1 unit with pylontech. since I bought other 3 units few weeks after the first unit, I forgot to do this. Can I register other three units now ?
0 Likes 0 ·

I just registered other three units as well.

1 Like 1 ·

Does anyone know how to claim replacement parts from Pylontech when the items are purchased through Alibaba seller ?

really disappointed with my purchase through Alibaba . Seller is total scammer. The batteries are legit but seller even block me from Alibaba

When I mention that I will create case on Alibaba and paypal if you not support me after purchase, The seller literally send me laughing emoji before block me.

Anyone know the process of getting refund for this unit ?. Alibaba trade assurance is technically gimmick. I paid through paypal and my credit card. Not sure I can start paypal dispute over this as the purchase is few months back.

By any chance you planning to buy Pylons from alibaba please avoid this seller at all cost. www(dot)amensolar(dot)com and the sales person is Denny Wu. He and is company full of scams and bs.

0 Likes 0 ·