question

riri avatar image
riri asked

Charge Controller has stopped working

Hello,

I have a Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 Charge Controller (50A) that is no longer working. It was working previously. I had it set up in February and everything was fine until a couple of days ago.

We have it connected to two 300 watt solar panels. The other day, it showed 0 watts coming in, despite us having full sun. The app also showed that the correct amount of volts were coming in - just no watts.

A few minutes ago, I noticed both the Absorption and the Float LED's were flashing. Looking at the app again, I saw that everything was at zero. Now the LED's have stopped entirely and the device is no longer found in my app.

Nothing has been changed within our set up since the device was originally working, so I'm concerned the device itself is faulty. Ive already tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
BMV Battery Monitorerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check to make sure that there is Battery voltage at the MPPT battery input terminals.

sounds like a bad connection somewhere

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image
adev answered ·

Absorbtion and float lights flashing is an error code indicating “Charger or panel over-voltage”.

What are the specs of your panels?

what is the charge/battery profile of the charge controller set to?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page