question

gamechanger avatar image
gamechanger asked

Cebro Connection China Battery

Hello,

i bought a 48V 200AH Battery from China and i got it pluged on my Cebro, and charge it with my multiplus 48/5000.

I wanna establish the connection between the battery and the cebro, i dont know how to.

i got a configuration tool from the battery i got those options:

2023-04-26-13-17-13-pbmstools-hs107-protocol-code.png

What is the right one.

And after i got this, how to connect the battery to cebro correct ?

I bought really a lot of cables, like, VE Can to Can Bus BMS Type A.

At the Moment i put on the CAN Port on Battery to the CAN BMS Port on the Cebro. But i dont know where to find the battery in the software now or how to use ?

Thank you

Klaus

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@gamechanger

The canbus and can port are the important ones, there is no RS485 connection to the victron equipment (presumably there are different ports on the battery, you will only use the canbus ones)

You may need a CAN terminator in there as well.

You should see it immediately under the device list once it is talking.

And you need to know what bit/baud rate the battery uses. You can either set 250 or 500.

Menu for that is setting - services (near the bottom) ve can port.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gamechanger avatar image gamechanger commented ·

Hello Alexandra,

so witch option shall i use on the protocol side ?

At the moment i tried

On Battery Port: Can

On Cebro Port 1: terminator

On Cebro Port 2: BMS CAN

As Cable i tried, a normal ethernet, and also a Victron A Cable.

So i dont know what to do now :-(

Maybe its just a setting, or i need to crimp a calbe i could to both if i know how.

Here the Port on battery side.

anschlusse-batterie.jpg

Thanks for helping

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

As Alexandra suggested, check port speed settings on Cerbo, also ensure type A cable is the correct way around. You can also try a type B cable. Pinouts can be found on the Victron site. Since it is not a product Victron certified compatible, you really have to contact the battery supplier.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ejrossouw commented ·

@gamechanger

That is really the centre of the issue. Unsupported battery means we don't know the pin outs of their can side, there is no guide. It has not been tested so no support really. (Experiment is necessary). The victron is known has pin outs.

Contact the supplier as suggested for the rest of the information.

0 Likes 0 ·
gamechanger avatar image
gamechanger answered ·

I found the problem, it was a broken rj45 connection in the middle. Now it works with typ a cable :-)

Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources