question

jense avatar image
jense asked

Do I need MK3-USB interface when using Victron Connect app??

Hi Victron Community,

I already have one Multiplus II 5000 connected on phase L1 with a Cerbo GX and a 28 kWh DIY storage installed and want to add now one additional Multiplus II to my setup.

The new MP2 will be connected to L2 in my home.

To configure the system I can use the MK3-USB Interface cable, which I currently not have.

Configuring my first MPII I used the remote config feature via VRM portal.

Here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/02/02/victronconnect-parallel-three-split-phase-setup-and-more/

I read that this can now be done also via Victron Connect app. But on the Video also the MK3-USB interface is shown, which is connected to a laptop. What sense makes it connecting the 2 MPII in serial with the MK3-USB interface to a laptop when I want to set up the system via the Victron Connect app from my mobile device? It was not shown under this link, what I should do with the laptop?

Do I need this MK3-USB interface cable for that?

Thanks in advance

Jens

split phaseMK3
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
Supplementing @Matthias Lange - DE

Once configured in parallel with VC or the VE.Bus System Configurator, you will be able to download a single setup file with VRM that invokes the VE.Bus System configurator which can then be used to initiate changes to each inverter with VEConfig. I believe you can make configuration changes to the VE.Bus system configurator and alter the parallel setup making them single phase or toggling "switch as group," but I have not tested it personally.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Configuring a parallel or multi-phase VE.Bus system always requires a MK3 interface.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jense avatar image jense commented ·
Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·