question

shayner avatar image
shayner asked

Quattro 15000 240v split phase

Okay I know I can use an autotransformer to split the output of the quattro for split phase but on the input side of this quattro if I want to connect it to split phase grid can you just take L1 to L1 and L2 to N or do you need to setup up a second quattro for split phase input?

gridsplit phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shayner avatar image shayner commented ·

That's what I thought. Second question, if you were to hook this setup up like this. The grid line transformer from the power company has a neutral to ground bound at their transformer that comes down the pole. Would that bound work with this setup or would you have to remove that?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think you are after the topology described in Figure 1 of the Autotransformer datasheet here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Autotransformer-32A-and-100A-EN.pdf

According to the diagram it is possible to use L1 and L2 at the input and an Autotransformer at the output.
Make certain the the ground relay of the Quattro is disabled and that the Quattro will control the ground relay of the Autotransformer.

Have your electrician advise you ultimately.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ben avatar image
ben answered ·

I use this exact setup (15KVA, split phase input throw away the input neutral, auto transformer on the output to make split phase again). No problem.

When your shore supply makes the neutral-ground bond (which it always should), you disable that in the Quattro and AT. When your supply does not (such as when you switch to a generator), you set up the Quattro to command the AT to close its internal neutral-ground bond.

2 |3000