question

jweij avatar image
jweij asked

split phase on slightly different multiplusses?

HI!

As the title suggests i'd like to configure a split phase, and in the near future a three phase setup with my multiplus inverters.

i now have one 24/3000/70-50 (1910209) and a 24/3000/70-16 (1912209) but they won't connect to each other because they're not the same....

is there any possibility to make this work?

i'm not exactly looking forward to purchasing three completely new ones when i want to switch to three phase setup.

Thanks in advance!

split phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A few people run into this problem. It seems a bit insignificant, but there are a few reasons that the firmware numbers must be the same, especially when it comes to ensuring that current will share equally.
As just a single obvious example, more current will go through a 50A relay than a 16A relay - this is Ohms law. There is more to it than just this single equation though.
The first 4 digits of the firmware number must be the same.
What was the reason to buy two different ones in the first place?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jweij avatar image
jweij answered ·

I purhased them a few years apart, the 50A was the first i bought and was on sale at the time. the second one was a used device, i don't need the 50A transfer and i figured it would be okay as long as it's the same micoprocessor.

I understand that the transfer relay of the one can handle more current but as long as my system stays under 3000VA per phase it should not make any difference i guess
2 |3000