question

mchitaouy avatar image
mchitaouy asked

Connection Victron (OffGrid) to Solax as regular load with zero injection managed by Solax

Hello
I would like to connect a Solax inverter (5 KW with its own solar panels and loads) as a normal load to the Victron Mutiplus ( 5KW with its own solar panels and loads) output in addition to other loads. The Solax which supplies other specific loads (pumps...) is configured without injection of the suprlus which is blocked using a meter between Victron and Solax. My hypothesis is this configuration is not "AC coupled" as the Victron will not managed the SOLAX production. This will be managed by Solax via the meter reading to block the injection to the output of the Victron.

My installer is afraid that it will damage Victron.

What do you think ?

In addition, the multiplus charger is disabled. The batteries are charged exclusively from the Victron MPPT (DC coupled). This schema is adaptated from "Kyuketsuki" a member of our community.

adjusted-schema-from-kyuketsuki.png

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
rikhf avatar image
rikhf answered ·

As long as you follow the 1:1 rule and have enough battery capacity it won't damage the MP. Maybe you should consider letting the MP regulate the Solax by frequency shifting. On the other hand, nice idea to let the Solax regulate it self!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mchitaouy avatar image
mchitaouy answered ·

Hello,

We have disabled the Multiplus (5 KW) charger and the batteries are charged from Victron MPPT (with its own solar panels) - DC coupled.

The Solax 5 KW (with its own panels and without storage) behaves like any other AC consumer to supply (well and swimming pool pumps, etc.) separate loads from those supplied by the Mutiplus. Solax is supposed to stop any surplus return to the Mutiplus based on the meter installed between the Multiplus and the Solax.
Thanks in advance

2 |3000

rikhf avatar image
rikhf answered ·

In this case, (charger disabled) one should ask himself what happens when a big load like let's say your wellpump switches off. The Solax needs time to ramp down. In the mean time there will be a surplus of energy that needs to go somewhere and it cannot go to the battery because the charger doesn't work. So the AC voltage will spike and possibly damage your equipment or loads.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it works this way but I can imagine it does. Can someone who knows help here?

Edit: this is only the case when there is no grid available off course.

2 |3000

kyuketsuki avatar image
kyuketsuki answered ·

Hi, I completed my project & it works OK.

You know my diagram, it's a little different that your.

By the Solax app you can decide haw many watts want go to Multiplus, zero or the minimum for sistem mantenaince.

I can't detect any overload to the Multiplus.

One question, why you don't put all loads after the smart meter?

the loads first use the Solax generation and if you exceded it the Multiplus give the necessari power.

I never disconnect Multiplus, I live in a off grid sistem.

I think may be a problem with this grid connexion, Solax must be synchronized with grid, if you change the street grid for the Multiplus grid Solax must be to resynchronized.

1 comment
2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
@kyuketsuki Hi, I'm looking at doing an AC Coupled system with Solax for a customer which already has this inverter (3 phase). I've done AC Coupling with Huawei and Fronius but never Solax. Could you share your set up and configurations for the solax?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
kyuketsuki avatar image
kyuketsuki answered ·

The Solax is preconfigurated for your country.

In my case, I don't manage the sistem by frequency, the smart meter chint control Solax power, then the preconfiguration is ok, you only select "Meter" in the export control menu and select the maximum power you want give to Multiplus.

Important, when you buy the Solax you must buy the smart meter together, then all devices are preconfigurates correctly.

Really is for dummies.

2 |3000

Related Resources