question

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard asked

Virtual switch settings on VeConfig

270W solar panels- EasySolar 48/3000 (Multi) with MPPT 150/50- 4x200 Ah gel batteries in series for 48V . BMV 700 - CCGX Color control. No Grid feed in allowed . Grid available for AC IN.

I am having serious difficulties setting up ESS / Assistant with VEConfig.

When looking at what Virtual Switch can offer, I realize this is far enough for what I want to do.

1_ Use as much solar as possible to recharge the batteries ,

2- Set VS for Grid ACIn to come ON when batteries are too low (50 V) or when a heavy load is powered .

I have set up VS on VEConfig . All seem OK; I have "sent" the settings .

However, I do not see my Multi behaving according to the VS settings . Example . i have SET AC IN "ON" if more than 3000 W is requested , or if batteries get lower to 50 V.

Right now my batteries are 52 V, and my AC OUT loads are 500 w.

Until I solve the VS settings problem, I have my EasySolar "ACIN" breaker on "OFF" as I do not need , nor want any AC IN .

If I turn on the AC In breaker with these voltage / Watts described above, my AC In comes in ? It should not.

Did I forget something after setting VS on VEConfig ?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-Onevirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

For those interested in a very easy tutto for VS "Ignore AC" , please find here :

https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/3299-virtual-switch-ignore-ac-lesson.pdf

This is exactly what I wanted to do :

Ignore AC IN for most of the time,

Allow AC when loads are high or when the batteries are low.

Perfect.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Keith Weinheimer avatar image Keith Weinheimer commented ·

Herve looking to do the same, what approach worked for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 commented ·

Hi, did you find the solution to this? followinf the tutorial didn't work for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Have you unchecked the “invert virtual switch usage” box? If inverted, it would do the opposite of what you need.

1 comment
2 |3000

sudi avatar image sudi commented ·

hello,

i have done this yet it does not behave as expected.

I have a 5kva multi, with 150/100 mppt charge controller i want to prioritize the solar then grid in the event the solar power is not sufficient. once i send the settings it goes in the inverter mode but once the battery voltage goes down it switches to Grid well as expected but fails to switch to solar once the voltage is higher.

0 Likes 0 ·
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

@Murraynated. No. It was not unchecked. Thank you. In the meantime I found the solution I needed with Ignore AC function, and I was able to send the new settings to the multi. All is set. Sincerely appreciate all your help. Th

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi, I have a similar challenge. how did you fix it, i have tried unchecked the invert virtual switch usage, still not working as expected

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi.

Hopefully you're well.i have a similar situation.how Did you sort out the virtual switch issue?

0 Likes 0 ·