question

larsenf avatar image
larsenf asked

Erroneous low battery alarm from multiplus-ii on venus os

Whenever I stop charging my batteries from my generator I get a low voltage alarm from the multiplus, often several of them in quick succession and cutting off ac output. I manually reset the on off switch on the inverter and it behaves normally again.

The system currently consists of a multiplus-ii 48/3000/35 120v, diy lifepo4 battery (jdb bms via Louisvdw serial driver) and 5.5kw diesel generator. It's all connected to raspberry pi running venus 2.93.

Multiplus-IIVenus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

first you need to find out if its the bms doing it or the multi, so for testing disable the bms connection to the raspberry pi from the multi then see if the issue still happens, I suspect its more likely to be a bms setting or setup issue. and check there first.

also make sure the multi is on the latest fw as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

larsenf avatar image
larsenf answered ·

It's the settings in my bms serial driver. Turning off the venus device allows the system to work fine. I will move this to louisvdw github.

2 |3000