question

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge asked

Water leakage sensor for VRM and Victron Connect

Is there any way to implement this function/feature. As there are several alarms which can be trigged when it comes to electricity, temperature and so on I could not find a way to trigger alarm if the boat fills up with water at a fixed level. Any suggestion? There are several sensors available for this purpose, but I as far as I know no of them is integrated with Victron

VRMsensorsystem integration
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

There are simple water detection sensors that have a relay output. Or even a float-switch. Those are easy to integrate with a victron on one of the cerbo's digital inputs.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kurtinge avatar image kurtinge commented ·
I am running Victron Venus in a Raspberry Pi and I dont know how the digital inputs are working on that one. Maybe it is time to consider a Cerbo instead

0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image marcve kurtinge commented ·
There is a way to implement digital inputs on your RPI, but, you need a bit of electronic knowledge.

Pleny of input on the internet.

As you mentioned, Cerbo will make life much more easy.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources