question

Craig Myatt avatar image
Craig Myatt asked

Any thoughts on creating a new HTML "Remote console" using Canvas & Javascript (via Modbus)?

I am trying to create a custom "Remote console" or something like it, with some of the Venus GX's system data, eg Multplus input W, Output W, PV output, Battery SOC. But then be able to splice into a webpage, using Canvas & Javascript, my own data from an Arduino, by accessing Venus data via Modbus protocol. Any thoughts anyone on how to make a start on that? Or anyone who might be able to assist (I am not a programmer...) Craig

VRMVenus OSModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

Several folks have built custom dashboards by integrating with ModbusTCP or with MQTT. Victron is also doing some further development in this area, too. Maybe soon it will be possible to put together custom screens without any real "programming."

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Craig Myatt avatar image Craig Myatt commented ·

Thanks ben, perhaps you could put me in touch with them? I am developing a product which interfaces with the Venus OS. Or perhaps I could talk to Victron?

0 Likes 0 ·
ben avatar image ben ♦ Craig Myatt commented ·

You might take a look at the dev-venus group on Google Groups as a starting point. Lots of folks in there, including Victron people.

0 Likes 0 ·