question

vandiver avatar image
vandiver asked

Smart BMV - 712 not showing data in VRM - Globallink

Hi all, since a couple of days the data of BMV-712 is not showing up any data in VRM portal, I am away from the boat for few weeks, is there a way to make a remote check or reset?

VRMBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

If you look in the “Device List” in VRM, what does it say about the BMV-712?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vandiver avatar image
vandiver answered ·

It says last seen 24 hours or so ago...all rest of devices are working well (eg. Smart MPPT...) and Globallink has its connection and updates every 15 mins as usual.

captura-de-pantalla-2023-04-11-a-las-121111.png

2 |3000

jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

You could try deleting it (Eliminar Dispositivo) and see if the VRM picks it up again. It’s not a permanent delete. On the next 15 minute poll, the VRM will reconnect all available devices.

If your BMV712 is connected via Bluetooth, how far away is it from the GL520? Possibly there’s a weak signal issue. I have a BMV712S connected via Bluetooth to the GL520 just half a metre away. No issues.

However, I have a SmartShunt, located under engine boards on my boat, about 2 metres away, and the Bluetooth connection is very unreliable. I had to change to a long ve.direct cable, which works perfectly.

If your BMV712 is connected via a ve.direct cable, maybe it was not fully inserted and has moved slightly?

2 |3000