question

meritsun avatar image
meritsun asked

How to use victron inverter with meritsun Powerwall

Has anyone used the Meritsun Powerwall battery and victron inverter as an energy storage system?

There are two 10kwh Meritsun Powerwall batteries, 48V 200Ah, without solar panels. I would like to know how to choose an inverter. Our family needs to use 15kWh every day

This is the battery parameter of meritsun Powerwall.

https://www.meritsunpower.com/meritsun-lifepo4-battery-5kw-solar-power-for-home-light-system-powerwall

Lithium Batterybatterypowerwall
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Sizing an inverter is usually done by knowing the max peak load of the houshold.

For you though the method is:- The normal or continuous running discharge current of the batteries x48v. For the max you van ise the batteries for.

Don't size on the max discharge current.

So if they have a 50A continuous and you have 2 batteries that is 100A. they are a bit ambiguous on the discharge current in the link you have there.

100A x 48v is 4800W so almost a 5kva inverter. I would probably use 3 there.

From what i see though you can't charge them fast 20A each so be careful there.That also leads me to think the 100A stated max discharge is a bit ambitious and they will trip.

Most homes can run ok on a 5kva, as long as not too many big draw items are on at the same time.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meritsun avatar image meritsun commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?