question

david-johns avatar image
david-johns asked

Discrepancies between temperature data on Shunt and Smart Solar

smart-solar.pngshunt.pngAny ideas why the battery temperature being passed over Bluetooth VE Network from a Smart Shunt to a Smart Solar would have discrepancies between what the Shunt recorded and what the Solar receives?Specifically, I have a battery with a BMV702 temperature sensor on it, connected to the Smart Shunt. The Shunt is Bluetooth connected to a VE Network which has only one other item, the Smart Solar MPPT.The temperature readings as recorded in the Trends tab on the app for the Shunt appear accurate and normal, rising and falling during day and night as expected and in line with actual weather temperatures.

The same Trend for the same period on the Smart Solar shows erratic, intermittent, wild discrepancies such as the battery temp being 114 degrees C for half an hour. Or down to zero for five minutes. The rest of the time, the temperature data matches. I can confirm the battery was never 114C!!

It can't be a fault on the the sensor since the Shunt records the data from it correctly. That suggests some corruption in the transmission from Shunt to Smart Solar but that also seems weird, not least as the two devices are within half a metre of each other so it's not like there will be data loss. So I'm baffled but would obviously like the Solar to receive correct temperature information since I want it to cut charging below 5C (lithium battery)

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntVE.DirectTemperature Sensor
smart-solar.png (117.4 KiB)
shunt.png (141.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources