question

rbienert avatar image
rbienert asked

VE.BUS Error 8 - Ground relay test failed - persists with all AC outs removed

Config: MultiPlus-II GX 48/5000, Europe

My AGM batteries were starting to get bad and it happened multiple times that when the grid came back after an outage the MP would not revert back to the grid and stall. Had to reboot (power cycle) to get it to connect again, sometimes twice or more. Now I finally exchanged the batteries to Lithium. Updated the battery settings in the ESS assistant. It ran fine over night but after a short power outage in the morning (yes, we have them frequently, hence the ESS), it got hung up again. Now even after multiple power cycles the Error 8 persists. For reference it shows 'Relay Test OK, PE2 closed error' - so it sees the relay as closed when it should be open. I have now disconnected all AC outs (literally un-wired them from the unit) without any luck. AC-In ground to chassis is good. Only AC-In is connected to the unit and it's not getting past the test. Is there anything else to try or is the unit simply faulty? Is this covered in the warranty? Thanks!

Multiplus-IIRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rbienert avatar image rbienert commented ·

Yes. My hardware is ≤ HQ2122, so the old one even though I got the unit late 2021. That's how I ended up with basically everything disconnected now.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ rbienert commented ·

Is there any voltage between earth and neutral?

You may have a fault, it will need to go for testing covered by warranty.
2 Likes 2 ·
rbienert avatar image rbienert nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I will check the voltage tonight.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes