question

peterb381 avatar image
peterb381 asked

Victron Orion 12/12 30 Charger - what should be included in the box?

Hey guys, I recently purchased the Victron Orion 12/12 30 Charger - installed it - set the parameters, and took the vehicle for a test drive without success, i.e. everything appears to be functioning via the app - but the unit wont turn on? So investigating what could be the cause, I discovered it needs the green bridge connection (minimum) or it will never turn on -- problem is, mine didn't come with the bridge and the manual doesn't have an 'items included' page -- so I'm not sure if I've been duped with a 'return item' or they don't come with them new? Can someone please confirm - I'm meant to be heading off on a trip this Friday, so I'm really desperate to know. Many thanks in advance, Peter

chargerorion dc-dc
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
peterb381 avatar image peterb381 nesswill commented ·

Indeed @nesswill - thank you very much sharing that. From yours, and others, feedback - it looks like I lucked out. Cheers Peter

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@peterb381

This is how the product looks out the box.

See this unboxing video at around time stamp 1:30 to 1:45.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterb381 avatar image peterb381 commented ·
Thank you very much Alexandra - it's now categoric. Really appreciate you taking the time to post that, looks like I'll be emailing the company - and hopefully - acquiring one from somewhere locally in the meantime (as I need it be Friday). Cheers Peter
1 Like 1 ·
luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

It definitely should come with the bridge.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you @luphi - I'm now on the hunt for one - I believe this should be the same: Jaycar 2 Pole Pc Mount - fingers crossed. Cheers Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
jamesw avatar image
jamesw answered ·

peterb381 how did you go. I might be in the same boat

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Simply bridge the two connections with an insulated wire. 0.5mm square would work, there's effectively no current.

But probably these are returns that the seller is passing off as new.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hey James, no doubt what @kevgermany said is correct. In my case, I was lucky enough to be travelling with a mate who had one of these 2 Pole Mounts (...he seems to buy everything from Altronics, though I know Jaycar sells them, too; apparently, it's a universal plug) - anyhow, once installed, it most definitely worked ;) -- Good luck!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron DC to DC Converters Product Range

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic