question

martin-rist avatar image
martin-rist asked

Mopeka Pro Sensors connection to Victron Connect App possible?

I don´t have a Cerbo. I use the Victron Connect App via Bluetooth on my smartphone for all my 6 Victron devices.

I recently got two Mopeka Pro Sensors for my gas bottles. Works perfectly fine via bluetooth with the Mopeka App.

Any chance to see the status also via the Victron Connect App on my smartphone? Would be nice to have all relevant data of my camper on one screen. Victron Connect App doesn´t find extra non Victron bluetooth devices obviously. But I´m aware that communication already works with Cerbo / Venus OS, so this is why I´m asking.
(https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/mopeka-pro-sensor-support.html )

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

As far as I know you need a Cerbo GX to connect the compatible Ruuvi and Mopeka BT devices.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martin-rist avatar image martin-rist commented ·

Yes this I´m aware of. Seems it is not possible then unless Victron would modify their app. I was hoping that somebody already looked into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
theo74 avatar image theo74 martin-rist commented ·
Maybe it has to do with adding the BT devices data into the Victron app. Maybe on a software level, maybe on a certification and approval level, I don’t know.
0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird martin-rist commented ·
I think Victron are quite generous to provide an interface on their CerboGx for the products of other manufacturers. It makes sense for the client but they are providing an interface to products they cannot control. Great for the client but does add an element of risk to Victron as their software has to handle any changes in the third party product that they are not privy to but nevertheless they do try to help.

Now you are asking for them to provide that service on their free app. App development is painful enough because of the ongoing challenge of keeping up with changes to the host OS, let alone including interfaces to a products they dont even produce.

0 Likes 0 ·
martin-rist avatar image martin-rist Trevor Bird commented ·
"Free App" - Vice versa why is CerboGx supported as well? The hardware pays the app developers. I have 7 Victron products. I would also buy Victron gas level sensors if Victron would offer them just because I like it to have one app for most of my stuff.

Make Mopeka pay for it or sell Victron Gas level sensors ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources