question

samowen447 avatar image
samowen447 asked

Multiplus II ac input low/no current

A very unusual error has occurred with my MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-32.

This happened after updating CerboGX/multiplus firmware to newest version via the VRM portal. Have reverted to previous version and issue persists. shore current draw is stuck at 0.5 amps.

The AC input will not charge batteries (2x 200ah LiFePo4 12v) but will supply power via AC out. Current flows when an AC appliance is connected via inverter output but batteries are not charging although being at 13.06v about 40% charge. SOC has never properly displayed but since the update the batteries have always charged after shore power is connected.capture.png

versions.png

I have rebooted several times, tested shore power will draw 10amps and reconfigured settings. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
capture.png (66.8 KiB)
capture.png (66.8 KiB)
versions.png (39.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

What is your float voltage?

If the inverter is set to Lithium, it will not re-bulk unless voltage is 0.2V below float. Try raising float to at least 13.8V to see if that will trigger bulk.

13.06V is VERY low for 99.2% SoC. I suspect the shunt lost power and reverted to 100% when power was restored. You may want to disable "starts synchronized" in the shunt settings.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

samowen447 avatar image samowen447 commented ·

Thanks alot, I'l give that a try inverter config setting must have been reset to back to default

0 Likes 0 ·
samowen447 avatar image samowen447 commented ·

Had to buy a mk3 usb to rj45 to use with Victron connect but now I can adjust the values which got changed. The store I bought the inverter off originally configured it for mecapture.png

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (103.0 KiB)