question

joshalthaus avatar image
joshalthaus asked

ATD connections on Lynx Smart BMS

Hi,

I have recently installed a similar system to the following link. Model (victronenergy.com). On powering up the system the .5Amp external fuse for the SBP blows immediately. If I bypass the Lynx Smart BMS ATD connections the SBP works perfectly. I have tested the ATD connections on the Lynx Smart BMS and discovered they have a negative connection which explains why the fuse blows instantly. Is this device faulty or is there a setting that needs changing?

BMS
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joshalthaus avatar image joshalthaus commented ·

img-5548.png

Thanks for the suggestions. I have read the manual and watched the YouTube clips. Above image is how I have attempted to connect the system. I installed the identical system a week earlier with no problems and both systems are wired the same way. With no wire in pin 5 or 6, my multimeter reads 12.8 Volts with the positive from the multimeter on pin 1 and the negative on pin 5 or 6. If I attempt to connect positive from pin 1 through a .5amp fuse into pin 5, the .5A fuse blows instantly. Shouldn't pins 5 and 6 be volt free contacts and not have a negative connection? Is this device faulty or is there a setting that can be changed?

0 Likes 0 ·
img-5548.png (745.2 KiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ joshalthaus commented ·

@joshalthaus@Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) Can you confirm that there is continuity between both pin 5 and 6 to ground (system negative)?

0 Likes 0 ·
joshalthaus avatar image joshalthaus klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yes with no cables connected to pin 5 and 6, they are both connected to ground. If I turn the BMS off only pin 5 has ground.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ joshalthaus commented ·
@joshalthaus That sounds like a faulty unit.

Best to contact your supplier for any further testing required, and warranty return.

1 Like 1 ·
joshalthaus avatar image joshalthaus klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Ok. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@joshalthaus you have multiple options regarding the output of the ATD relay / terminals.

Please check BMS manual for the best option for connecting your ATD loads.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

And to add to what @klim8skeptic said, please watch this video on youtube where it is thoroughly explained how to wire ATD to a SBP.

You can try updating the linked wiring diagrams you refer to so we know how exactly you have wired everything.

2 |3000