question

kubba avatar image
kubba asked

Connection more MPPT 450/100 with Ve.Can occupied by Pylontech

Hello, considering extension of system composed from MPPT 450/100, Multiplus II GX 5000 and Pylontech US5000. Due to Pylontech I need run Ve.CAN bus at 500kb/s which pushes me to connect MPPT by VE.Direct.

Speciffic matters of my instalation are requirement to avoid to distribution to grid (AC ignore on virtual switch), keeping Pylontech waranty (system is driven by Pylontech BMS).

1.) Lets consider I want to add some more MPPT 450/100 .. is it possible just to connect MPPTs together by VE.Can and let one of them connected to GX by VE.Direct or I shall use VE.Direct-USB cable for each such MPPT? If the second option is only suitable, how many additional MPPTs can I connect by USB adaptors?

2.) For purpose of additional Multiplus II (no GX) units I suppose connectivity by VE.Bus, right?

3.) Is that possible to run two Multiplus II with different phases on AC in with decoupled AC out? Nothing like rotating electric field on the output required.. only AC ignore on virtual switch (it s AC IN phases load optimisation).

Tq for resposne, Jakub

MPPT ControllersPylontechVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

1) no. All on VE.Can or all on VE.Direct. Limits on VE.Direct connections depends on the GX CPU. For a CCGX, it's 5 total VE.Direct devices (VE.Direct + any VE.Direct to USB). For a Cerbo, it's 15.

See: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start#comparison_table

See Performance section and note (1)

2) This is confusing. Inverters not connected to a GX must be programmed to function in parallel via MK3-USB.

3) I don't understand the question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.