question

deunan avatar image
deunan asked

Problem installing vedirect.usb nodered contrib

Hello. Pretty new to Node-red here so i don't know if it's my fault. 2 days ago i had vedirect node installed just adding it with palette manager and i was able to connect to the device. Now i can't even add the contrib to Node-red. It installs but then it says a module is missing.

0|node-red | 19 Mar 20:27:22 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb, version: 0.1.0

0|node-red | 19 Mar 20:27:27 - [info] Installed module: node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb

0|node-red | 19 Mar 20:27:27 - [info] Added node types:

0|node-red | 19 Mar 20:27:27 - [info] - node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb:victron-vedirect-usb : Error: Cannot find module '@serialport/bindings'

0|node-red | Require stack:

0|node-red | - /home/deunan/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb/src/nodes/vedirect-usb.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/registry/lib/loader.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/registry/lib/index.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/index.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/index.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/lib/red.js

0|node-red | - /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/red.js

I created a new clean VM and the error is still there.

deunan@victron-lab:~$ node -v

v18.15.0

Welcome to Node-RED

===================

19 Mar 20:38:21 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2

19 Mar 20:38:21 - [info] Node.js version: v18.15.0

19 Mar 20:38:21 - [info] Linux 5.15.0-56-generic x64 LE

19 Mar 20:38:23 - [info] Loading palette nodes

19 Mar 20:38:27 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------

19 Mar 20:38:27 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb/victron-vedirect-usb] Error: Cannot find module '@serialport/bindings'

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deunan

Node-REDVE.Direct
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·

I just released an update of the package (0.1.1), so can you try again with the new version? If that does not work, please file an issue at https://github.com/dirkjanfaber/node-red-contrib-victron-vedirect-usb/issues

1 Like 1 ·
deunan avatar image deunan Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
Hello,

now the node is installed but it not populate the serial list for selection. I follow your suggestion and open the issue on the link. I will add the log of the error.

Thank you for the help

Deunan

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

this happen all the time, restart the Rpi, try again and again and again, and try to install, sometimes it is there after some time, sometimes not. Its a bug in Venus or the Node Red integration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.