question

falnes avatar image
falnes asked

Choice of charger 12V

Looking for a charger with two output for charging two separate batteries, one LiFePO4 and one lead-acid battery at the same time.

Have looked at the Blue Smart IP22 Charger with three outputs. As I understand it, this charger has the same settings for all three outputs?

Any suggestions for a charger that can charge two battery banks (lead-acid and lithium) at the same time?

EasySolar charges lithium, but needs a little extra charging at times. Will also install a system (lead-acid and lithium) in another boat that does not have EasySolar.

Boating and have equipment below:

• EasySolar 12V, 1600V
  • SmartShunt 500 A
  • Cerbo GX
  • Digital Multi Control 200/200A GX
battery chargingLithium Batterybattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
falnes avatar image
falnes answered ·

I also have a question about Blue Smart IP22 and connection to VRM.

I see it has been mentioned here in the forum that it is challenging to connect this to the Cerbo GX. Is that correct?

Picture from spec:

https://www.victronenergy.no/upload/documents/Datasheet-Blue-Smart-IP22-Charger-230-VAC-EN.pdf

1679038471177.png

1679038471177.png (140.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6ixgun avatar image
6ixgun answered ·

I am not sure Victron makes a multi-channel charger - i.e. one that supports multiple battery chemistries and multiple charge algorithms, if they do it would be a high end product. Not sure any manufacturer does for that matter. That answer is outside my pay grade. I needed to solve the same problem you did - my vehicle battery is AGM, and my house battery is LifePo4. Two IP22 chargers did the job perfectly and did not break the bank.

The IP22 DOES NOT work with Cerbo, at least not yet. I just returned the Cerbo thinking the same thing you did. Not sure why Victron has not been more proactive about using BT to connect their devices.

Finally, if you go the IP22 route - do not connect both IP22s to the same VE Network - since they would be on different batteries the settings will conflict and cause problems.

2 |3000

oldwave avatar image
oldwave answered ·

One multiplus has a trickle charger for the house battery

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic