john-3 avatar image
john-3 asked

Connecting to GlobalLink

I have since a couple of years an BMV-712 and an MPPT 75/15 In my

Boat and when I heard from my supplier about GlobalLink 520 and I with

This unit could monitor my boat remotely I bought one. Unfortunately the

Unit will not connect to VictronConnect I can see the unit but it will not

Connect. I have talked with your people in Sweden an a couple of your

Distributors and the give me some ideas of what to do but nothing works.

When Looking for a solution I found this text:

Note

Not all Android devices can connect to the GlobalLink 520. An example is the HUAWEI Y6 2019 and there may be other Android phones that are also incompatible.

Unfortunately, if you are using an incompatible Android phone with the GlobalLink 520, you have no choice but to use another compatible mobile device.

Please do not contact Victron Support if you find your mobile device is not compatible. This is a known limitation of the GlobalLink 520 firmware and is currently not supported..

Where can I find a list with compatible devices?

Best regards

John Johnsson

P.S. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22+

VictronConnect
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I consider a Samsung Galaxy S22 a compatible mobile device.

And I assume that you can connect to your other smart devices (BMV-712 and MPPT) via VictronConnect, right?

If so, then please describe more exactly where do you see the GlobalLink, in VictronConnect or on your phone's Bluetooth device list? Which steps did you perform to connect to the GlobalLink?

0 Likes 0 ·
john-3 avatar image john-3 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Dear Stefanie

I have Samsung Galaxy S22+ and I see it in VictronConnect but when I try to connect to it just tries but never connects. Since a couple of days I have had it alone in my work shop (it's to cold to be in my boat) and today after seeing your message I powered it up and tried to connect via VictronConnect and today after abot 5 to 10 minutes it "Connected" and asked for a new pin code wich I inserted and then it's back trying to connect again, but now there are no other units to connect to so I will go to my boat again and see whats happening.

Best regards

Johnscreenshot-20230319-094606.jpgscreenshot-20230319-094610.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ john-3 commented ·
Looks like VictronConnect has successfully connected to the GlobalLink 520 and the device is trying to connect to a LTE-M network.
0 Likes 0 ·
john-3 avatar image john-3 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
OK, but why will it not connect to the LTE-M network?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
john-3 avatar image
john-3 answered ·

Dear Stefanie

Today when I tried the GlobalLink again I was asked to change Pin so I did but then nothing more happens and I can't connect to it.

Best regards

Johnscreenshot-20230319-124225.jpgscreenshot-20230319-124455.jpgVictronConnect_report.log

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources