question

laurapakora91 avatar image
laurapakora91 asked

DC2DC charging discrepancy

Hi,

I have batteries that are charged through solar and DC2DC. Recently the DC2DC has been going into absorption before the solar and reading the battery voltage as around 0.1v higher than the smart shunt and the MPPT. Both chargers are set to AGM spiral per seller guidelines, I can't seem to find direct manufacturer technical specs.

Is there anything that could be causing this discrepancy, I have checked the wiring and it's all firmly in place. The breaker was recently switched off by a falling box while driving but still flips on and off as usual. All pieces of kit are fully updated.

Many thanks,

Laura

battery chargingAGM Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Laurapakora91

Absorption is triggered by two things, one is target voltage and the other is amp draw.

0.1v should not make a huge difference to that. What is probably making a difference is resistance. Are you sure the switch is not damaged?

Other possible cause is the battery is loosing capacity so reaching "full charge" sooner.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual