question

matthew-sanan avatar image
matthew-sanan asked

Quattro 15kVA / 230V with a Small Generator

Station.zip

Hi,

I desperately need some help.

I have a Quattro 15kVA 230V with 15kWh of LiFePO4 batteries. I also have a 7kVA generator wired to AC1 and mains wired to AC2.

The idea was that when mains failed - the batteries and the generator would cover the load and share it proportionally.

For the life of me - I cannot get the generator to sync when there are no mains.

Here are the settings in place:

GENERAL

AC1 input current limit 13A (13 x 230 = 2990W) - Should be comfortable for a 7kVA generator.
Dynamic current limiter is checked.

GRID

AC input 1 - no LOM detection
Accept wide input frequency range is checked
UPS function is unchecked

INVERTER

PowerAssist is checked with a boost factor of 2

CHARGER

Weak AC input is checked

ASSISTANTS

charge current control is active to change the DC charge current to zero when AC input 1 is active and the charger is also disabled. The idea of this was to prevent the generator from trying to charge the batteries and instead divert its power to the load.

ESS assistant is active.

If anybody can shed some light on this situation - I would really appreciate it.

I have tried to adjust the PowerAssist boost factor from 0,8 right up to 3,5 with no success. I have also tried to modify the AC1 input current limit to 22 Amps; also with no success.

I have uploaded the VRM settings pack if anyone would like to see the complete setup at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
station.zip (2.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

As a thought, power assist should be unchecked with ESS as the ESS determines how to boost.

1678814565193.png

The other is what is the GX saying about the input under the Quattro when your generator is running?

Switch on overruled by remote, then start lower in the input current (maybe 5A) and work it up.

0 Likes 0 ·
1678814565193.png (12.3 KiB)
2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I had a customer with a similar problem.

I changed the Grid to ACin1 and the Generator to ACin2 and reconfigured the system to reflect the change and it was simply working.

Maybe you should give it a try

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthew-sanan avatar image matthew-sanan commented ·

Hi Michelle,

Thanks - I will give this a try.

Just one question - when I do this, should I swap the Grid and Generator settings in the Cerbo - or keep it as it was originally making the system think that it's Grid on AC2 when in fact it is the Generator and Generator on AC1 when in fact it's Grid?

cerbo.png

0 Likes 0 ·
cerbo.png (40.7 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ matthew-sanan commented ·
Yes identify them correctly in the GX
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

It should be changed

2 |3000