question

jonnyhottub avatar image
jonnyhottub asked

Too much to the Grid

I have a 3 Phase Victron ESS system with a Solaredge 4kw inverter on PH1 on AC1 input. Now we are getting more sun I have noticed that the grid meter is showing that I am exporting unto 1.2kw to the grid at times and the energy isn't being used to charge the battery on that phase. Have I missed something in the setup electrical of software? I have check my settings for exporting to the grid in cerbo. Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 13.26.59.png

ESSgridsolaredge
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@jonnyhottub

Try changing your phase regulation to individual phase. That may help.

Can your batteries take or are requesting more amps? What is the inverter on that phase set to charge the battery at from AC?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jonnyhottub avatar image
jonnyhottub answered ·

I have set individual phase regulation, I have got a max charge current of 160amps and max inverter power of 8.5kw, not sure what you mean "What is the inverter on thet ohase set to charge the battery at from AC?" all inverters config the same

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The word was meant to be phase... Not ohase... A typo.

What is the charge current set to on the phases? Answering that they are all set to the same doesn't actually answer the question. They can be set differently.

The battery bank is already charging at 125A. I was not asking what the battery bank is set to in was asking it if was requesting a lower charge, some do that when they are hot/cold. If you have battery life set, temps close to or under 17°C trigger slower charges.

There can be a more than a few reasons for it not charging.

What is the min soc in case of grid faliure? Is that combined with battery life or without?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic