question

tobe91 avatar image
tobe91 asked

5G (GSM module) for VenusOS

Hello,

I'm currently running an RPi 4b with Venus OS 2.93. Currently I'm using the SIM7600G Hat together with a Telekom Sim Card very well via LTE/4G. Because of the Telekom contract also includes 5G, I wondered if there is already some support for 5G in Venus OS?

There is already a SIM8200 hat for RPi, which supports 5G, even though it's quite expensive :-)

I thought about just buying it and give it a try, but I could imagine, that there has to be some updates of the 5G AT-commands.

Is there already something available or if not something in develop?

Thank you!

Venus OSgsm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
springgrove avatar image
springgrove answered Ā·

Hi, I new to this GSM stuff, I see you have this SIM7600G-H hat working with Venus OS , are you posting to the VRM Portal?, I am not able to get this working on LTE/4G only on WiFi, is there a tutorial that you can direct me to, many thanks in advance

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered Ā·

@Tobe91 @springgrove

Moved to modifications as it's an RPi question

2 |3000

fitmydashcam-ltd avatar image
fitmydashcam-ltd answered Ā·

Is it needed? The throughput isnt really useful to anything on a rPi or Venus OS in my opinion, sticking even to 2G would suit 99% of users.

1 comment
2 |3000

If you still have 2 or 3G coverage
0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)