question

bpohli avatar image
bpohli asked

BMS-712 flashing “charging” and — for SOC

Yesterday I disconnected from shore power (30amp) and immediately lost power. Multiplus II inverter was in an “unknown” state and BMS had no SOC and was flashing “charging”. I can run off shore power but as soon as I disconnect I lose power. Checked voltage in both GC3 270ah batteries and they are 13.43. MPPT, Linx Distributor, and inverter say they are in absorption mode at 14.20 volts. Help? @bpohli

battery chargingBMSvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

looks like the internal BMS of the batteries has turned the battery off - resulting in no output when shore power is removed. As these batteries' BMS does not have external communication, I would not use them. https://battlebornbatteries.com/product/270ah-12v-lifepo4-deep-cycle-gc3-battery/ gives a download for the manual if you don't have it. Do make sure that you have not exceeded the charging voltage or other conditions that will cause the internal BMS to turn off.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources