question

nils1084 avatar image
nils1084 asked

can't "pair" to the victron connect app

This is a minefield there are so many threads on this and even one of the victron managers has asked the support team to see if you can find a fix once and for all as I have 6 separate victron bluetooth devices in my camper van and I can not connect to any of them as although it says the default pin is 000000 it's not looking for a pin its looking for the code shown on the device and I think it thinks the device has a display

it was fine on my old iPhone until I swapped my iPhone yesterday

am I using the correct APP? its the victron connect app with the wavy lines on the symbol?

Anyway ive tried everything and the app from an iPhone keeps saying enter the code shown on XXXX

ive got the PUK code off the labels on the side of two of my devices and its not the PUK code that the device wants

I suspect the issue is that the phone thinks its connecting to a car radio or something with a display and the phone is sending a pairing code which clearly we can not read as the victron devices don't have displays

ive tried from my MacBook, ive tried from friends phones and we've tried from Samsung android, and none of them will accept 000000 or the puk code so I can't connect to any of them

we need victron support manager to intervene here for a once and for all answer

VictronConnectconnection issue
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

does this help?

How To Fix Apple iPhone 14 Bluetooth Not Working Issue (ikream.com)

There seems to be a lot of issues with the new iOS

Sorry if you have seen this or if its not applicable just an idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nils1084

A couple of things.

Are you trying from within the VC app?

If you have paired through the OS of the phone you will need to remove it.

Have you tried resetting the pin, even though you know it already?

screenshot-20230301-194626.jpg

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The other thing you can do it power cycle the Mppt and then try again.
0 Likes 0 ·
nils1084 avatar image nils1084 commented ·
I have looked at the PN number on the white QR labels on two devices but neither PN number is the correct PUK code

The MPPT doesn’t have a reset option, only forget

How do I recycle the MPPT then ? Don’t use the letters PV as I don’t know what they mean

I’ve got 6 Victrin products and I expect victron support to be able to fix this it’s not just me

Help please

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nils1084 commented ·
Power cycle means to have the mmmpt completely shut down.

1. Disconnect the solar panels. Hopefully you have an appropriate breaker.

2. Disconnect the battery.

3. Wait a few minutes. About 3 to 5.

4. Reconnect the battery

5. Reconnect the solar panels.

Make sure you are on the latest version of Victron Connect. Try and pair again through the victron connect app.

Victrons support line begins with the installer. If the installer cannot solve the issue, then it is passed to the supplier/distributer. If they cannot solve the issue then it is passed on to a higher level of support.

Yours may seem like a big issue but it is not, there is a solution. I have friends with various iphones and ios devices and they have paired ok.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ nils1084 commented ·
Hi @nils1084

The number after PN is not the PUK code. On one of the stickers on the product it should clearly say: "PUK: xxxxxxxxxxxx". The PUK code is always 12 characters long and the characters can be 0-9 and/or A-F.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
astrayan avatar image
astrayan answered ·

I came here, because a 3rd "MPPT 100 50" I bought, would not talk to a Samsung A8, but my older MPPTs all work. There is no solution for it, besides playing new-phone-lotto, or new MPPT lotto. Bluetooth doesn't work between some of my phones, either.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Astrayan @nils1084

What may possibly find is it is a funny combination of firmware, OS and Victron Connect. Sort of a mix of older and newer.

On the androids i find it is often the location permissions that creates an issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic