question

baileyknight avatar image
baileyknight asked

MPPT 100-20 not charging?

1c025cff-1b16-427c-b2cb-39c51e9b4d29.pngImage CaptionMy wife and recently bought a converted camper so just getting my head around the setup. I downloaded the Victron connect app and strangely since we collected the van it the solar has not given any charge at all? We have not altered anything and previously the Victron connect showed all working well.

I have checked the fuse in the mppt (25 amp) and it’s not blown. Blue led is flashing so on standby.

Is it cloud cover or could be connection on the panels themselves?

c76955d2-4fb1-4b3d-8d0a-53c82f9f959b.png
MPPT ControllersSolar Panelsmart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You have a bad connection between the mppt and solar panels, or perhaps a bad panel.

Notice in your screen shot that the panel voltage is at the same level as the battery?

Voltage drop due to a bad connection or panel.

Load test your solar panel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baileyknight avatar image
baileyknight answered ·

Thankyou that’s very helpful - I investigated the two waterproof connectors on the roof this afternoon and one of the cables just pulled out and had not been crimped or soldered. I did reassemble it but the wire was quite tarnished so might need replacing. Fingers crossed that solves it!

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic