question

emorgan avatar image
emorgan asked

Smart Shunt as DC Energy Meter - CerboGX not sending data on VE.Can

As the title says, when my smart shunt is in energy meter mode, it does not show up on the VE.Can device list (and therefore isn't sending it's data on the network). However, when I toggle it back to battery monitor, it shows up.
I'm sure this is just a feature-not-yet-implemented issue, but it pretty much defeats why I have the shunt there in the first place. I suppose I can keep it in that mode and pull the sentences I need, but...
Ideas?

Using:
CerboGX w/ Venus OS Large v2.93
CAN-Bus profile: VE.Can & Lynx Ion BMS (250 kbit/sec)
NMEA2000-out is on

Thanks!

SmartShuntVE.Can
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@EMorgan when you set the shunt into energy meter mode, it is detected within the system differently to when configured as a battery monitor. As a result the data is not sent out on the N2K network, as it is no longer a battery monitor. Frustrating for sure. At some stage Victron may address that as it is a limitation.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

emorgan avatar image emorgan commented ·
Frustrating and unfortunate in a data-logging sense. I'll be able to come up with a work-around. Thanks, @Bathnm
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources