question

jlawrence10 avatar image
jlawrence10 asked

Blue Smart Charger: Reading the graphs/info in the VictronConnect app

b6bd794b-1a91-4b49-b3e3-208629e357e5.png

A general question regarding reading the information provided by the Victron app, as well as keeping an eye on battery status. I searched this forum but nothing seemed to apply, exactly.

We have a teardrop trailer with the Victron Blue Smart 12v/15a IP65 battery charge controller. AGM battery, no solar power.

My question:

Any guidance or resources on reading the data in the VictronConnect app? I can get connected, and see the pretty graphs, but have no idea what any of it means. Basically, I want to see how low the battery got on my last outing, how well it charges when driving, and I guess general health. I'd also love to be able to see how drained the battery is when I'm out using it. i've heard you shouldn't drain it past a certain point.

Thanks!

Josh

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jlawrence10 avatar image
jlawrence10 answered ·

3ac66ef2-639d-410c-8e74-2ab1f29cd20c.png

The “graph”

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Touch the graph in the history tab - it will display exactly how long the unit spent in the various stages, how much current was delivered, and etc.

For battery health / SOC / etc, a battery monitor like the SmartShunt or BMV-712 should be installed; the charger screen will tell you what the charger has done/is doing, but it can't tell you much about what the battery bank is doing - the charger only knows what it is doing.

For explanations of the charge stages and etc, have a look at the charger manual - specifically around page 10/11 where the charge stages are detailed!
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Blue-Smart-IP65-Charger-120V-EN-FR-ES.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

jlawrence10 avatar image jlawrence10 commented ·
I appreciate the input. That’s helpful. Surprising that the charger can’t display what the battery is doing. Presumably it knows… Meaning, it changes how it is charging based on how full or empty the battery is. That’s kind of disappointing.

I guess my only easy way to monitor the state of my AGM battery is the little device that plugs into a 12v socket and shows me the voltage? But won’t that just tell me when the battery is basically dead?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources