question

jlawrence10 avatar image
jlawrence10 asked

Blue Smart IP65 12v/15a only appears via Bluetooth when connected to shore power

5379ad93-a2e3-4686-9000-8a0258ae5f94.jpegHello! I have the Blue Smart IP65 120v device in my teardrop trailer, installed by trusted and experienced dealer Vistabule. They tell me that it should appear and pair at all times, but I can only get it to appear in the Victron Connect app when I am plugged into shore power. Using an updated iPhone 14 Pro.

I don’t know if it matters, but my trailer has an AGM battery, not a Lithium Ion.

I have followed all troubleshooting steps, removed from Bluetooth devices, power cycled everything, attempted to add it fresh. It is immediately reproducible. I try to pair, nothing shows up, and as soon as I plug into shore power, it pops up.

I’m not too familiar with the electrical, but I know the trailer is charging properly from shore power, and I know it is set up to be charged from the tow vehicle, but I can’t be sure it is charging from there, as I don’t know how to read the graphs. (That’s my next question in another topic.)

Thanks!

Josh

Bluetoothip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jlawrence10 avatar image
jlawrence10 answered ·

So there’s really no tech support at all from Victron?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

This is not a official support forum, this is a Victron community forum.

Users help other users.

Sometimes a question is wasn't seen by the right users or can't be answered easily, in that case you should contact your local Victron dealer.

But to your question:

The charger is only powered by the grid, not from the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
info-6 avatar image
info-6 answered ·

Hi Josh,

it is correct, the charger needs power supply from grid to have Bluetooth working.

1 comment
2 |3000

jlawrence10 avatar image jlawrence10 commented ·
I appreciate the input. Are you certain about this? Is it explicitly stated in the manual? My “dealer” who installed it says it should work when not on shore power, and apparently they are my only source of support, since Victron offers none.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic