question

rickydoo avatar image
rickydoo asked

IP65 won't do anything in bluetooth app

I am fiddling around with my new IP65 blue Smart IP65. I launch the victron connect app and it shows up in the devices list as BSC IP65 12/5 HQ2032MNQWD unknown device (A33c). I click on it and nothing happens. All my other devices work. If I hit the vertical elipses, it asks to reset my PUK, which I do on the unit. Put in the 000000, says it is the wrong code. Really disapointed. Want to send it back.

Bluetoothip65
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rickydoo avatar image rickydoo commented ·

I was able to connect using my iMac. Yes - it was the fact that I needed to update my software on my phone. That was hard to figure out. Also, the PKU thing wasn't obvious either. Many thanks to all!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ rickydoo commented ·

Thanks for the update, happy to hear it’s working now, and agreed, we will improve the app as you suggest.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Rickydoo,

Regarding the PUK reset, it is not clear to me if that reset process is going successfully and the subsequent reconnection using the default PIN 000000 is failing, or the PUK reset is failing.

Are you using the code on the sticker on the side/back of the unit for the PUK reset?

It should look like this:

puk.jpg

If that is working and the PIN is successfully resetting, have you been step by step through this connection troubleshooting guide?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-3e7793ac-44bb-d9b3-70d1-6f8bd4eeb383

In almost all cases that is able to resolve the issue, or at least isolate and narrow down to a cause if we know which steps were successful and at which point it fails.

puk.jpg (417.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Which VictronConnect version are you using? The fact that it reports "unknown device", suggests that it is not the latest version v5.41 from the Play Store/App store.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

charl avatar image
charl answered ·

IP65 won't do anything in bluetooth app

My new IP65 blue. I launch the victron connect app and it shows up in the devices list as BSC IP65 12/15 HQ2154YTRA unknown device (A339) click on it and nothing happens. All my other devices work (IP65 12/5 charger). it asks to reset my PUK, which I do from the back under the unit.It work so there after I used 000000.I can pair with the charger so the pin are good.So I unpaired and reinstalled all and used the correct apps versions.I have used all options for the past 2 days then I used my friends phone(nokia c1) with android 9 on and it worked and updated to the lates firm ware and all was good with no problems.

So use the right version of android and phone I have see other cheaper phone do not work with using android 9.

Now I am forest to spend money on an new phone.

I am not happy about android 4.4.2 version not working but the charge is the best and working good.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

There is a version for Android 4.X.X available for download:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software
It is v5.8 from 18. July 2019, current Version is v5.50 (released today) so they are 42 Versions apart!
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta#v58_released_officially
I'm not sure if the old version it will work with your charger after you updated it's FW to the latest version.

Android 4.4.2 is almost 8 years old and there are many mature changes in Android that makes it impossible to keep VictronConnect compatible with it because VictronConnect also got many new features over the pasts years.

I think it is time for you to buy a new phone.
I'm sure there are many cheap phones available running Android 10 or 11.

If I use a price comparison website it shows me 59 phones for less then 100€ (in Germany).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic