question

dabbelju avatar image
dabbelju asked

built in Access Point in Venus OS on Cerbo GX - DHCP adresses

Hi all,

some information upfront:

We have several installations where the WiFi is not really reliable. In some cases we have a wired LAN connection to Cerbo GX. We are using for example Kaco Blueplanet 8.0 NX3 M2 as PV inverter. This does not offer a wired LAN connection only WiFi. To avoid that we buy an additional switch and access point we did configure the Kacos to connect to the WiFi AP of Cerbo which works fine.

My questions:

- Is there any way to configure the DHCP in Cerbo to give the Kaco always the same IP?

or if not

- What is the configured DHCP range? We will try to give the Kacos static IP addresses but I do not want to use static IPs from DHCP range.

Looking forward to your answers.

Christian

cerbo gxVenus OSwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner answered ·

Hi Christian,

it seems the config for the dhcp-server used by the accesspoint is to be found here:

/etc/dnsmasq.ap.conf

maybe start from there?

DHCP range and lease time is defined as

dhcp-range=172.24.24.10,172.24.24.200,2h

Hope this helps!

Johannes

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You might want to use a router that has the ability to assign the same IP address over DHCP. In the router's configuration you configure an IP address for a specific MAC address.

My Asus router keeps track of what IP address it gives out so I don't need to assign IP addresses for most devices.

2 |3000

Related Resources