question

Pato avatar image
Pato asked

Smart Shunt is offline and Cerbo will not connect to ethernet

I just did the latest update via my phone and now the smart shunt is dead. I checked the fuse and all is well.

Coincidently, the Cerbo GX will not connect to the web via the ethernet connection after it was updated. I have rebooted it and cycled the power.

What next?

cerbo gxSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Pato

More info needed. Eg. What update, and to what devices? 'Dead' Smartshunt, not even the pulsing blue light?

Can you still access the Cerbo locally, and what does the Ethernet page show?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pato avatar image
Pato answered ·

Cerbo is software version 2.93. I cannot access the smart shunt so I am not sure what software version that is on. The bluetooth light is not blinking, nor is the error light.

I can access the cerbo via the 50 touch screen and the only thing it shows for the SOC is battery volts (13.2). The smart shunt did have a moment the other night when it came online, but the next morning and since, nothing. I suspect the voltage sense cable has failed.

Now as far as the Cerbo is concerned. It dropped offline when the new app update came out. I cannot get the cerbo to report VRM. It is available on the touch screen and I can connect to it via bluetooth.

I have had connectivity issue with the cerbo, which is very frustrating. I connected it via ethernet to Starlink and it has been online until the app update. Coincidence?

2 |3000