question

powergraphy avatar image
powergraphy asked

EasySolar 2 Gx in Camper

Hello community,

I am currently working on a plan for my camper van build and I recently found the EasySolar 2 GX, but some questions are unanswered for me. Maybe you can help me.

My biggest concern is if one element of the device fails, for example the MPPT, is the rest of the system still working or is the whole electricity setup shut down? Is it possible to repair or replace one element if it breaks or do I have to buy a whole system again? (Or have it repaired if it breaks in warranty.) Can I do this by myself or do I need a professional for that? Is it possible to turn the inverter of but still have the ability to charge the battery?

Thank you in advance for your answer or tips.

Martin

EasySolar All-in-Onecampervandiy
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

MPPT is simply a normal MPPT built in. Cover off and you will see it. Effectively it's a separate unit. So MPPT can fail and you lose solar, bit nothing else.

Repair is always by Victron. They will want the whole unit. Replacement at their discretion, depending on the fault.

The inverter/charger is a single unit. But there's a charger only setting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powergraphy avatar image powergraphy commented ·
Thank you for your answer. :)
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic